PIPELINE INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM
GIS Route Digitization & Layering
GIS Vector/Raster Images and Maps with links of all TP’s having layered details ,chainages, progress till date, digital pictures / documents/ material list of special sections. Links get dynamically generated as and when data entry is done.
Local & External Data
- Land Records
- Soil Corrosion Records
- Soil Stratification Data
- Temperature Measurement Records
Crossings & Utilities
- Shape files of Alignment Sheets
- Imagery (Landsat, ICKNOS QuickBird, SPOT) are superimposed
- Location of Crossings, SV/AGIS
- Photographs of Crossings
- Crossing drawings
- NOC’s & Related documents
Pipe Route Linkages
- Planed route on satellite imagery
- Planimetry of surrounding features
- Structures and monuments in vicinity
- Layers of road maps superimposed by route.
- Tracking work progress on GIS
This graphical representation of the route has nodal points referenced against chainages for the following; SV/IP stations, turning points, crossings, KM posts, warning signs, city/town crossings and certain important landmarks. These points are hyperlinked to provide more details. Further click on a point gives descriptions like as date progress, digital videos of special sections, IP stations, View related pipe book page, related alignment sheet etc.
Corridor Management - Graphical
GIS-Referenced Alignment Sheet Generation
IMS has an in built alignment generation. All survey data is digitized which is used to generate the alignment sheets. During construction process, weld joints are indicated as red dots at the locations where they are welded. These joints display the weld number along with UTM coordinates and Pipe Cover.
Alignment sheet of DUPL, SP3, Section 4. The tool tip shows the UTM co-ordinate of that particular joint.