PIPELINE INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Pipeline Information Management System (PIMS) is a web based solution,
designed to monitor the construction progress on a real time basis. Data
that is entered on daily basis is indexed using complex algorithms that
leave no scope for discrepancies. Reports are generated in a telescopic
format that helps to browse from the route map to details of each pipe
laid. The solution is designed to provide real time information about
pipeline laying progress during following three stages, Project Planning,
Project Execution/ Construction, Operation & Maintenance. The software
solution has the following features to handle, manage and query data for
The Pipeline Information Management System is a web based solution,
- Act as a Monitoring System.
- For Planning purpose and help in making decisions.
- Web Based Online Solution with real time progress.
- Online Report Generation.
- Archive Documents online.
- After Construction of Pipeline, use of the PIMS into Asset management
PIMS solution is designed to satisfy the needs across different stages of
- Project Planning.
- Project Execution/ Construction.
- Operation & Maintenance.
- Web based GIS monitoring of pipeline construction activity.
- Linking of surrounding landmarks and data with GIS co-ordinates.
- Data updating on a daily basis.
- Generation of Velocity Sheet for each/all activities.
- Generation of S-curves on weight-age percentages.
- Generation of alignment sheet using survey data.
- Option to modify /edit alignment sheet.
- Real time pipeline laying progress monitoring.
- Monitor online, quality control records of progress.
- Monitoring of material availability & quality documents
- Uniformity of documentation & reports.
- Real-time creation of Pipe Book, weld book.
- Real-time creation of welder performance reports, pipe reconciliation
- Pre-hydro test and pre-lowering compliance report generation.
- Real-time creation of Pipe Book, weld book. Simultaneous monitoring from
different locations, by contractor, consultant, client.
The software solution has the following features to handle, manage and
query data for all major pipeline activities.
Material management from order processing to issue.
- Document control/tracking.
- S-Curve - To assess the current project status w.r.t planned schedule for
each activity as well as cumulative (weightages).
- Velocity Cart: Work done for a particular activity in chainage vs week.
- Graphical Progress: To give an overview of work done in each chainage.
- Real time Web progress monitoring
Dynamic generation of DPR with planned time line & asking rate
- Real-time generation of PipeBook with attached ITR's
- Joint Schematic with complete history of each activity for each joint
- The list of activities must not be limited to as below
• Tie-In Welding.
• Welding Repair.
• Non Destructive Testing - Radiography/AUT.
• Non Destructive Testing - Ultrasonic Testing.
• Non Destructive -Magnetic Particle Testing
• Non Destructive - Liquid Penetration Testing.
• Joint Coating.
• OFC Blowing/Jointing.
• Concrete Coating.
• Coating Repair.
- Centralized Database of complete pipeline data
View/Export PipeBook in real time, Daily DPR, Activity Data Sheets, Joint
Schematic, Station Piping etc.
- Generation of compliance reports
Generation lowering compliance between joints.
Query for exceptions like joint coating done but NDT not done etc.
Unqualified welder report.
Duplicate pipe control.
- Indexing and archive Documents online in a searchable format
Exhaustive document/drawing scanning & indexing with searchable metadata. All preconstruction, construction, as-built and handover documents It must be searchable / viewable online.
- Corridor management with geo-referencing
Projections of pipeline route on web GIS map
Construction progress representation on web GIS system.
Schematic corridor generated with survey data.
Overlay of activity progress, thickness chart
Attaching photos, videos, drawings, GAD's, Isometrics in related
stations, crossings, utilities etc to provide complete details of pipeline
which helps O&M to identify the location, pipe details, joint details,
related documents/drawings etc for disaster management.
Generation of web based PIMS alignment sheet